Truck Accident Attorney and 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney in New Orleans
Commercial trucks such as 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, and big rigs generally weigh more than 20 times what an average passenger vehicle weighs. Due to the additional dangers that these vehicles pose on the roadways, the drivers and their affiliated companies carry an additional level of responsibility and liability. In fact, all commercial truck drivers are required to follow a federal set of regulations outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
If you’ve been hit by a truck driver or injured in a truck or 18-wheeler accident, you have rights. We will fight hard to hold these drivers and their companies accountable if the driver violated regulations or acted negligently. With the help of a New Orleans injury lawyer from Unglesby Williams, you can pursue the compensation that you deserve. Not only do we have a history of success in obtaining Millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, we have been widely recognized for our success in the field of personal injury. Moreover, our history of success is combined with our personal approach to each client. Remember, Huge Verdicts are No Accident.
Truck Drivers Must Adhere to Federal Trucking Regulations:
All commercial truck drivers are required to observe these regulations. Just a few of these federal trucking regulations include:
- Commercial drivers may not drink alcohol up to four hours prior to driving
- Truck drivers must be older than 21 and demonstrate an ability to drive safely
- Truck drivers must inspect their vehicles’ loads at regular intervals
- Truck drivers must exercise extreme caution or stop driving in dangerous weather
- Truck drivers must take regular rest breaks at scheduled times
- Trust drivers may not log more than a certain number of hours
- Truck companies must schedule reasonable unloading times
After a Truck Accident
In the aftermath of truck or 18-wheeler accident, things can get very complicated. Accident scenes change quickly, evidence can disappear, and witnesses’ memories start to fade. For this reason, it is imperative that you contact an experienced 18-wheeler and truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after you’ve sought medical attention. Jason Williams and the personal injury lawyers at Unglesby Williams can move quickly to preserve important evidence, speak to witnesses, take pictures, and handle the influx of communications from the insurance companies and their adjusters on your behalf.
Unglesby Williams – After a Truck Accident
- Interview witnesses about the accident
- Obtain the truck driver’s logs and the trucking company records
- Take photographs of the accident scene and vehicles
- Keep the truck from being repaired so that it can be inspected
- Preserve the truck’s electronic on-board recorder data
- Obtain a copy of the truck driver’s driving history and record
- Inspect all maintenance and inspection records for the truck
- Examine and document the scene of your truck or 18-wheeler accident
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today:
Many truck accidents and 18-wheeler accidents involve multiple violations by the negligent party. If you or a loved one was hurt in a commercial vehicle accident in New Orleans, contact the truck accident attorneys of Unglesby Williams today.
If you or a loved one has been hurt or injured in a truck or 18-wheeler accident in New Orleans, contact Jason Williams and the lawyers of Unglesby Williams. We’ll be your strongest advocates and fight as hard as possible to get you the maximum compensation when you are the most vulnerable. Let us sort out the facts and details of the case and protect your rights, while you focus on your recovery. Remember, Huge Verdicts are No Accident.